Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Lords splendor, and road trip

The past couple of nights when we have been out doing chores, the sunsets have been spectacular. I always think to myself, I wonder if Dennis would run into the house and get the camera, but we are both busy feeding animals, and they don't like to be kept waiting, so I don't bother. Well last night I remembered to bring my camera out with me, and here in all its splendor, is some of our Lord's work in progress. Of course the other sunsets were more spectacular, as there was more cloud cover.
amidst all the hustle and bustle, one just has to stop and watch the setting sun, behind the majestic snow covered Rocky Mountains, to smell the air, and just be in"the moment". I am not out early in the morning, and just watch the sunrise through the window, since I am only milking in the evening now, and just one goat at that. So Dennis and I have been lazy and are sleeping in, until the goats start kidding in April, anyway.
Some of the flock congregating before going into the chicken coop to roost for the night. The worst ones to get in at night are the guineas, they like to stay out and watch God's splendor also. Can't blame them for that I guess.
Tom just loves to show off!

We took a road trip to Bellvue,just northwest of Fort Collins in the foothills, to pick up another Quonset goat hut. I planned on taking pictures of the scenery, but was so enamored with this fellows Boer goat kids, that I completely forgot. The fellow said they get mountain lions, but as of this date, no livestock losses, but he sure lived in a hilly area, said it was really windy there.
But anyway, here are some of the pictures.

On our way home, we saw herds of antelope and they were pretty close to the road so I took this picture. This was a few miles from where we live. This is the scenery that we look at most of the winter. Brown, brown and more brown!
Bless the beasts and the children!
More later.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment