Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunsets, pumpkin carving, and First snowfall.



AUTUMN'S GLORY





We have had some really breath taking sunsets here in Colorado lately. Would make beautiful quilts!  Just had to share.


PUMPKIN CARVING


We had our annual pumpkin carving at Ryan's house last Saturday.  I must say that we are all getting pretty good in the art of carving. Katy was occupied with inspecting her feet, and watching the activities of the adults and her sister Lily.
Now the front of Ryan's house is all ready for Halloween as we have it decorated really Spooktacular!

FIRST SNOWFALL
The first snowfall was met with icy roads and plummeting temperatures in the low 20's.  We now have a winter wonderland greeting us every morning as we go out to do the chores.

Two of this past springs turkeys stayed perched atop a dog house, weary of taking those first steps in the strange white stuff.
We ended up with 4 inches the first night, and then another 3 inches the following night.
Everyday it melts a bit, just enough to make the road wet and sloppy making my Blazer look like I have been out mudding.

SEWING ROOM
I have been up to allot of sewing.  This quilt I broke almost every rule, putting plaid, polka dots and flowers together in one quilt.  It turned out nicer than I thought it would.  I wish that I would have made two twin size(perfect for 2 little girls) vs a queen size.

I have not posted for awhile.  Having a senior moment and using the wrong password to log into my blog, but I finally figured it out.  So I am back. 

Two of my best friends.

More later.....................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment