Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day musings..............

Flowering Crab tree above.  Head study of Nubian Goat in tin that I made, attached to goat barn.
 
 


We had a wonderful day celebrating Tera's birthday yesterday.  Had a barbecue and I even made a German Chocolate Cake and Frosting all from scratch!  I did manage to make this wall hanging for her.  It actually is a panel, I had to add the borders and do the machine quilting.  Turned out very stunning.  On one of my online quilt groups, the gals always show their quilts outside in natural lighting, so I decided to give it a try. 

 
 The bush to the right of the quilt is an Elderberry bush.  My next project will be a Dresden Plate.  A traditional block that I have never made before.
 

Dennis's bees lined up at the bird bath drinking water.   They are also on the left side of the frog.      



    Book club books on order, Going Clear by Lawrence Wright, A Separate Peace by John Knowles, and The Mistress of Nothing by Kate Pullinger.   Once I start a book, I can't get anything else done.                                                                                                          
 
What I really wanted to say in this post, is to send my appreciation to all the military personnel past and present, and thank them for my freedoms!  A big Thank You!!!!!!!   Flying the Red White and Blue over the wishing well.  You can see how windy it is here.
 
      
Freedom is not Free!!!!!
 
More later.............................................................................Oh, I am off to Minnesota for 10 days in June, so will update you when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment