Friday, August 5, 2011

The fair again, Peeping Tom, and Arbor

THE FAIR AGAIN!!!!

Now who can resist this? Free food. And we were some of the first in line. There were tons of people who showed up for this event.

Here is the food that we were served, and it was a good barbecue pork sandwich, with all the trimmings.

Some of the other folks who enjoyed the food, they also had a band that played patriotic and big band music, who could ask for anything else? The ambiance was great, the food was delectable(and best of all, I did not have to prepare it!), the music was toe tapping, all priceless. But the cost??? Well as Dennis bit into the pork sandwich, he bit a bone chard and broke off a piece of his molar. The cost? $1100 for a new crown. Just goes to show you that you can't get something for nothing. But the memories are a lasting gift.

Here are a few more fair pictures. The splash dogs, a competition to see how far your dog can fly thru the air to retrieve a ball, and land in the water. I caught this dog mid air.



In the front of one of the buildings a huge tree with beautiful flowers, I am not sure what they are, they looked like hollyhock flowers. IF you look real close you can almost see me standing camouflaged in front of the tree. The temp in Greeley that day was 102.


This horse was all decked out in finery, giving rides by carriage throughout the fair grounds.

The morning of the fair,this is not our actual temperature, but the temp of the window when the sun is shinning on it. Just to let you know how hot and intense the sun can get at 5100 feet above sea level.


PEEPING TOM!!!!!!!!!!!

The hair on the back of my neck was all prickly and standing on end. I could just feel his beady eyes boring down on me. You know the feeling, when you just know someone or something is watching you. You know, the feeling you get when you feel that someone is following you on some dark lonely night, and all you can hear is a footstep....Every intimate movement being scrutinized. Wondering if some form of ill being is to be bestowed upon you. .I caught him watching me just out of the corner of my eye, as I got up to turn on the ceiling fan. He ducked quickly to avoid being spotted, but I know that he could see the white tee shirt I was wearing, and the rhythmical swirling of the fan blades. My breath caught in my chest as I slowly edged my way to the window, tip toe after tip toe, as I did not know if this was just my imagination playing tricks on me, or someone out to do me harm. There he sat, on the bench that we have so conveniently placed outside our bedroom window, just inches away from the screen. Our tom turkey! The only movement giving him away in the dark of night is the blinking of his round black eye. He stared into my eyes, and I acknowledged him, (as I always talk to my animals), as I breathed a huge sigh of relief in knowing that the peeper was animal and not human. So, tom has been renamed Peeping Tom, as he comes to perch on that bench every evening about the same time we go to bed, and when I get up in the middle of the night, there he is, and he stays until 5:30 every am like clock work. Is he really peeping, or keeping watch out for his beloved masters. I hope the later, or maybe he thinks there is safety for him by our bedroom window?



ARBOR
Phase two of our arbor is the roof, a work in progress, working between the thunderstorms and hot humid days. I am confident that we will finally finish this this week and get a good start on the bridge. The turkeys have taken a liking to roosting on the top of the roof.


And what else is coming???? Well, Larimer County fair Aug 5-9, Ault Fall Festival Aug 5-7, Nunn Harvest Festival Aug 12-14, Windsor Landscape and Garden Tour Aug 13Th. So much to do, and probably not enough time to get it all done.
More later............................................

1 comment:

  1. That bush looks like a Rose-of Sharon to me. Hollyhocks aren't bushy they are on stalks.

    ReplyDelete