Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas to y'all. We had a good one. We were blessed by having my parents here from Tucson Arizona to spend the holiday with us. The morning we picked them up at the airport it was a seasonal -6. I was so thankful that it warmed up when they got off the plane and was 22 degrees. But it is a dry 22 degrees.
The children and our two grandchildren were here also. The meal was good thanks to our chief cook and bottle washer.
We had tons of fun. So much so, we could hardly contain ourselves!Here are Dennis, Mom and me doing what we love best.


Dad doing what he loves best.


And some pictures of the rest of the family.





The people who are the most near and dear to my heart.



This is the Christmas tree in front of the Severence City Hall. When I got off babysitting, I would always marvel at its beauty. It is probably an 80 foot tree or so. The picture does not do it justice however. Just thought that I would share it with you.


THE SEWING ROOM
I have been making things from fulled sweaters, it is called upcycling. Here are a pair of mittens


pair of slippers that I made for myself. I am the foot model.



Here are totes that I made from plastic feed bags that they have these days. One I made from a goat/sheep feed bag, and another from a chicken bag. These are a bit larger than the grocery bags that you can purchase these days. My mother told me that down in AZ they are considering charging .05 per plastic bag if you don't recycle. I remember the desert in AZ with all the plastic bag trees and bushes. A lot of garbage in the AZ desert that motorists or illegals throw out the windows or leave in the desert, and when the wind blows, the bags would get hung up in the prickly bushes. So sad. I then knew how that Indian in the commercials, atop his horse, with a tear running down one cheek,felt, as he looked at all the garbage on the land.


BARNYARD

Here is Ali who gave birth to a black ewe lamb on December 26Th. She was up and dried when we went out to do chores at 8am. I am going to call her Holly in the spirit of the season.


Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday season!

More later.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment