Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July, a few days late. The B-day boy!

We were invited to Tera's home this year for our 4Th of July celebration, she lives in the big city of Denver. She had such a nice party, even had live entertainment, an old guitar player. He was very good actually, reminded me of the movie Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges.

The weather did not cooperate , with all the partying, so the party had to move inside a couple of times due to the rains. The temperature was only in the 70's that day. It started raining in Denver about 6pm. When we got home at 9pm it was raining at our place also. Around the Severance area they received 2.5 inches of rain. Kind of put a damper on the festivities.
Here are some pictures of our day.


Here is a picture of a 59 year old fellow trying to entertain his granddaughter. Happy Birthday Dennis!!!!!


Tera also handed out fake tattoos of patriotic stuff. I picked out an American flag and put it on my right ankle. Well anyway the next day when I was painting my front door,

I felt my ankle itch and found that I still had the tattoo on. Dennis and I had went to the home of a veterinarian couple, to purchase 2 male goat kids, (they live on an Elk game farm, and here is a picture of a bull elk in velvet)

We also went to Eaton to buy eggs from a farmer. Boy they must have had something to talk about after I left. The old lady with the tattoo of the American flag on her ankle! No one said anything about it however. I had completely forgot about having it on, it was so comfortable.
The guinea keets are going on a month old now, really nice growth on them. We will be moving them out to the chicken coop to acclimate to the chickens and turkeys in the next two weeks

I just can't pass up the opportunity to show off some of my July flowers.


More later........

No comments:

Post a Comment