Thursday, May 6, 2010

LuLu, Lily, baby alpaca and gardening

I took LuLu to the vet Monday morning to get spayed. Of course the trip was not without its usual "edge of the seat" excitement for me. I had to have her there early, between 7:15 and 7:30, which meant that I had to leave the house by 6:30 at the latest. I told Dennis that I would take her myself, so he could sleep in, that is just the type of wife I am. Well anyway, it was hard for me to heave that 80# dog into the front seat. When we got to the gate, Bear slipped out and took off down the road and would not come when I called him. I had to call Dennis on the cell phone to come and catch Bear. He was now in the neighbors back yard, which is all fenced, and probably could not figure out where their fence out, was. I then took LuLu out of the vehicle, for bait, and walked her some down the road, it did not work.
As I saw Dennis coming out of the house, I again hoisted Lulu back into the vehicle and took off, so I would not be late. Long story short, Bear came up to Dennis, and LuLu made it to the vet on time. She did have some bouts of nausea and vomiting after she came home from her procedure from the general anesthesia, and has done fairly well. She did start to open up some(the incision) yesterday, so I had to wrap her with an ace bandage, and covered the incision with gauze to keep her from over zealous licking to the area. Here is a picture of her with her new bandage.


SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES
When I first started my blog, I spoke of doing chores on a cold winter morning as being a spiritual experience. Well I have found a new one, my little granddaughter Lily. As I was rocking her to sleep after she finished her bottle yesterday, looking into those sweet little sleepy eyes, I was overcome with so much love for that little girl! Not to mention those cute little toes and fingers, and little nose! Of course, I get to go home when mom shows up!

ALPACA, WHATS IN A NAME?
Sara Lees little cria is growing like a weed. But I am having a very difficult time coming up with a name for her. Her Mother is Sara Lee, and the father is Pulitzer Prize. Any suggestions?


GARDENING
We had gale force winds again yesterday, necessitating putting up wind breaks around the north west side of the garden. We got about 40 pallets from a neighbor to use, not too pretty, but hopefully will cut down on the wind somewhat.

Dennis has the garden all tilled up, again, just itching to get in and start planting. Last day for frost here is May 10Th. Here is also a picture of Rhubarb, which we received from my friend Linda. It is doing beautifully! Dennis calls it pie plant, and can't wait for Rhubarb pie. A lot of folks who are native to Arizona have never heard of this plant, so I have included a picture for my AZ friends.

GIRLIE STUFF
I have been busy making a quilt for my niece's new baby boy. I have had a lot of fun with this quilt. Her colors are light blue, yellow and white. I figured he will be a "star" in their lives, so thought that this was fitting. I am quilting it with stars, which I have had some difficulty with, especially when I make them backwards. But here is the back which is white and if you LEFT click on this you should be able to enlarge the picture and see some of my quilting. Quilting holds a quilt together, preventing the batting which is inside from bunching up.

Will get this mailed off to her, after I show my quilting buddies, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment